Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Bell Pepper & Onion

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited 1:24PM in EggHead Forum
On Sunday, instead of having a baked potato and steamed vegetables with my steak, I decided to try something different. I took a red bell pepper and a yellow onion out of the fridge. I cut the top out of the pepper and removed the seeds. I peeled the onion and cut it in half. I put both veggies in plastic bags, pour in some olive oil, salt and pepper, and rubbed them a little. I put them back in the fridge while I started the Egg. When it reached 300, I put them directly on the grill (with just lump - no wood added for flavor.) I left the bottom vent and daisy wheel open. By the time I finished cooking the pepper and onion, it had reached around 400. I cooked them for about 20 minutes, turning them a couple of times each. When the pepper had a nice charring on the outside, I took them off the grill, put them on a plate and covered the plate with foil.[p]Then I let the Egg heat up for the steak (a nice porterhouse, marinaded in Stubb's beef marinade.) When I was ready to eat the steak, I took the foil off the vegetables, cut them into strips, and ate them with the steak. They were excellent. I think I'm going to make that a standard side dish (I'm going to try a yellow bell pepper tonight with a spathcocked chicken.)
·

Comments

• PalisinPalisin Posts: 64
    BluesnBBQ,
    I regularly cook vegetables with steak. The way I do it is this: I cook the steak in the fusion reactor manner. ie as hot as the blamed thing will get taking into acount ambient temp humidity etc. 3 min a side and then a dwell depending on thickness of the meat. During the cook on the 2nd side or the dwell (Depending on the vegetable) I cook them overtop of the steak on a veggie rack. I marinate the vegies with Olive oil garli powder black pepper and kosher salt. If you like asparagus get ready to slap your momma.

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    BluesnBBQ,
    Try these one time,they are the best veggies I have ever had.
    Larry

[ul][li]NB's Veggies[/ul]
    ·