Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin

Options
Tom
Tom Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Want to try a beef tenderloin. Looking for the best way to prepare one. Also what is the internal temp for medium well? [p]Thanks in advance
Tom

Comments

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Tom,
    Don't know about cooking one medium well, I allways do em medium rare to rare.
    Try the link below for a great tasting roast.
    B D

[ul][li]Beef Tenderlion[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    I'm glad someone else wrote that, and not me. Perhaps he meant to say medium rare.[p]I mean if you cook a "tenderloin" past med-rare, it sho' ain't gonna be "tender" no mo'.[p]Shoe leather. If you insist on doing that, buy a strip steak, and kill it. Save a whole bunch of money, and it's gonna taste and chew about the same. JMHO

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 189
    Options
    Gamecock-4-Life,
    Family wont eat it rare or bloody got to come up with a happy medium. [p]As long as its not bloody.[p]Tom

• Unknown
    Options
    Tom,
    One happy medium is to find a new family![p]Just kidding. Bud you might try easing them into more rare by cooking your meat a just touch less each time. It's worth the education process and if they eventually like it more rare they will thank you forever.[p]Good luck.
    McD[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Tom,
    I Went through about half a dozen beefroasts during the past holiday season.. All I ever heard was take them past 120° and youve ruined it. Thats not the case.
    I sliced into them at those low temps and my family was turned off too.. The last ones I cooked slow, (prime rib and Beef tenderloins) and to an internal of 14o-143°.. When you cook them very low, they do not raise but a degree or two while resting..
    Anyway, these turned out every bit as tender and juicy as the previous ones.. They only had a hint of pink in the very center.. You do not have to leave the meat bloody for it to be tender is my point..[p]Another benefit from cooking very slow (200-225) is that the meat cooks evenly all the way through.. You arent left with well done on the ends and rare in the
    middle. A drawback is it isnt as nice looking because of the low temps you dont get that browned outside.. But by searing it on high heat first then cooking it slow, that is taken care of.. [p][p]Dylan

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Tom,
    Here is a link to my experience. I was able to make both factions happy. Check it out and good luck. It is hard to go wrong as long as you don't over cook it.

[ul][li]Beef Tenderloin[/ul]
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    MCD,
    Amen!
    That's the way I taught my crew.
    B D