Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Going to Fresno, CA

bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 267
edited 1:44AM in EggHead Forum
Off topic but thought I’d ask. Going to Fresno, CA for a week long training class the last week of April and I’ve never been. Anything worth seeing? Doing? I love live music, any clubs that might have any music going on? What about restaurants? BBQ is on top of the list of course. Saw on the internet they have a AAA baseball team so going to a game one night. Also see that Yosemite is a couple hours drive and so is Sequoia park. If you could only go to one which one? Or something else.

Thanks,

Steve
·

Comments

• I would suggest Yosemite. The falls should be starting to flow pretty good about now. I was there in Sept. two years ago and the falls were all but dried up, but now would be a great time to go.
    Frank from Indiana

Beli
    I see what you're saying. Never mind this stuff I'm typing now, I'm just trying out what you told me. I'm pretty bad about computer texting and if my son-in-law isn't around to help me I stumble around quite a bit. But I have lots of fun trying. :P :P :P :P :P Thanks for the help.
    Frank
    ·
  • I just wanted to add: Don't just drive in Yosemite valley, go up on the rim trail. You will get some great views of the valley below you and of Half Dome. If you're there at night be prepared for cool weather.
    Frank
    ·
  • Here I go answering myself. When I re-read my last message it read like you might have to hike the rim trail, but it is a drive-up. Hope I cleared that up.
    Frank from Indiana
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hi Frank,
    You can go to your original message and look for the edit box, select it and make your editing then look for the submit box and that´s it, It will show your original message edited
    All the best
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Of the two choices, Yosemite for sure.
    ·
  • If you are into wine, a tour of the Paso Robles wine region is lots of fun. At least I enjoy it.
    ·
  • 4 Time California Team of the Year QN4U (Brent & Kim Walton) have recently opened their own BBQ Joint in nearby Clovis. It's called QN4U BBQ House. May be some of the best BBQ in all of California...avoid peek times as lines are long.

http://kmj.kmjdeals.com/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&pid=41093

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·