Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Repost : Method to cook "Naan" in BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
Here is my web page explaining how successfully make naan in BGE...This is just a basic recipe but it works...[p]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/schokshi/naan_bge.htm

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    sujit chokshi,
    Gee, the inside of my dome hasn't looked that claen since I bought the big sucker! Is there a way to do naan on the pizza stone?...there must be if you can do pizza one would think.

• Unknown
    Options
    Sundown,[p]Pizza stone method does not work because in addition to the hot surfaces, cooking naan requires radiant heat to cook the topside. I have tried these with disappointing results.. as far as clean inner surface, just wipe it with damp cloth. I have cooked naan many times like this & never had any problems with soot on the backside of naan.....
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    sujit chokshi,
    WOW. That is one of the most innovative techniques I have seen in the 3 years posting here. That is looks exactly like the naan I have seen at the good indian restaurants. [p]Thanks for sharing that nicely presented bit of creativity!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Sundown,
    Brad Davidson did his Naan on a pizza stone on top of a plate setter at Eggfest. It turned out wonderful. Have all the ingredients to do some here, but just haven't gotten around to doing it.

• Unknown
    Options
    Sundown,
    Yeah, hundreds of cooks later and my dome is NOT the kind of thing you want to have coming in actual contact with food![p]Here's an idea I've had (but not tried yet):[p]I'm going to try cleaning the bottom side of my plate setter, and sitting it on top of my grill. Let the whole thing heat up, and then plop the naan on the *bottom* of the hot plate setter so that it's upside down, facing the fire.[p]This way I can get the conductive from the ceramic, as well as the continued radiant heat from being directly over the fire.[p]In my case, I'm sure it will be easier (as well as safer) to clean the plate setter than the dome.[p]I'll let y'all know how it goes.[p]bc

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    sujit chokshi, I sure hope you're planning on attending EGGtoberfest. I want to see this in person. It looks interesting - and fun.