Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it easy to do Burgers?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is it easy to cook Burgers and Hot dogs on the BGE? (how long does it take from start to finished cooking) I want to purchase one but my wife is worried that she will have a hard time cooking for the kids.
***Great info on this site***
Thanks,
OnTheFence

Comments

• duncanrx
    duncanrx Posts: 5
    Options
    OnTheFence ,
    I can do burgers as quick or quicker on the BGE as I could on my Old Weber Gas grill. Plus burgers taste so much better coming off the egg. No comparison with the taste

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    OnTheFence,
    burgers are a snap. I grill at 550° for 3/3/2. That's 3 min flip for 3 min and then shut down and dwell for 2 min. BTW are you making the little lady cook for you? Once she falls in love with her BGE she may never let you get near it! Better think that one through~

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for the replys....
    I will be doing almost all of the cooking, but there are some rare occasions when she has to help outside.

• Unknown
    Options
    OnTheFence ,[p]Burgers won't shrink nearly as much as they do on gas. Plus that, you can cook them medium to well and they're still plenty juicy. You'll never get those results on gas.[p]It's a big leap, but once you jump, you'll wonder why you waited so long.[p]Good luck!