Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who's Going To The Texas Eggfest?

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There no place on the web site to see who all is going to the Texas Eggfest and what they plan to cook. Yea, I asked why not but haven't heard anything.

So, who all is going besides the six in my group?

And what do you plan to cook?

We're planning on cooking Panini's and some kind of chicken, naturally.

Spring "Count'n Down Hill" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    but we won't make this one. Your pannuffalatto or whatever you called it was fabulous, where can I get that olive mix you used on them? -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    At the coop when the time is right. :woohoo:

Mike
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    rumor has it while they are in Austin, a bunch of Houston folk are gathering at the coop for a blow out.......a real coop bash......similar to....the high school parties when the parents were out of town......
    imagine Chubby sliding across the dining room floor singing like bob seger
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. That was Spring Hen's idea. She lived in New Orleans until I came along and won her in a poker game. She knew all the good places to eat, including Central Grocery down in the French Quarter where the muffuletta was first made. It's still a New Orleans favorite. The key ingredient is Boscoli Italian Salad.

She calls her version a Chickuletta. It's pretty good too. The recipe is posted on the Eggtoberfest 2007 and Florida Eggfest 2008 recipe lists.

There are many ways to make a muffuletta-style sandwich or snacks using the Boscoli Italian Olive Salad and they are spelled out in Boscoli's home page.

You can order direct from Boscoli http://boscoli.com/ or Cajun Grocer http://www.cajungrocer.com/boscoli-italian-olive-salad-mix-p-506.html for about the same price. We're lucky because we have a store here that sometimes stocks it. It's actually cheaper to order it direct.

I think the key to cooking it on the Egg is to have a ribbed cast iron griddle. Hot but not too hot. All you want to do is melt the cheese into all the other ingredients. A minute on each side is good. A panini press helps fuse it all together.

Spring Texas USA

They are easy to make. I've lit my mini, built the sandwich and started eating it within fifteen minutes. Great for lunch for a lazy ranch hand like myself.

Sorry we won't see y'all in Austin.

Spring "Might Do A Practice Run Tomorrow" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I'm not worried because I've got Rodney Dangerbird to protect the place and he will be packing...

But the sight you described would be one for the books if we could capture it on film.

Won't be long and Mike can come show me how to make ribs and you can deliver the items I will soon be ordering. Just waiting for a check from Nigeria.

Spring "The End Is Nea
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I still have nightmares about the topless Chubby with horns on his head. :woohoo:

Mike
  • when and where is it? I live in Houston, but spend a lot of time outside of Austin.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Like Muffies a bunch. Had some fedexed from Central Grocery along with extra olive mix and King Cakes from a bakery in Cut Off, La to Columbus, MS for a Mardi Gras party several years ago. :laugh:
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Won't be doing this one. Too much stuff that weekend including family coming in for mother's day, my sister's birthday, and I have to sing Sunday for Yom Haatzmaut. Only one of moi and it just got overstretched.

mShark
  • Keithww
    Keithww Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm not cooking, but I'll be there to pick up my demo large egg. Wish they had the schedule and vendors lists on the website.

http://www.texas-eggfest.com
  • RJH
    RJH Posts: 129
    Options
    Check out the banner at the top of this forum.