Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beauty Of Flight

RascalRascal Posts: 3,643
edited 10:12PM in EggHead Forum
Stopped for a bridge opening today and a pelican provided some great entertainment. What a majestic glider!
Pelican1a.jpg
Pelican2.jpg

No recipes desired, Rascal

Comments

• Dan in StLDan in StL Posts: 252
    They taste a lot like chicken
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,203
    While on the subject of birds, these were taken last spring by s neighbor.

Sand Hill Cranes

Extraordinary!!These pics were taken in the Suntree area of Florida ~Viera~ south of Cocoa & Titusville . A Sand Hill Crane couple recently had an exciting addition to their family. When they built their nest near the water's edge it immediately drew attention of passers by. Soon there were two eggs sitting on top of the nest and the mother on top of them. The really curious passed by the site every morning and would stop their cars to get out and see if there were any new cranes yet. Many brought cameras of all shapes and sizes and would stand near the water for long periods of time hoping to catch a photo of the hatching. Robert Grover, a dentist, didn't actually catch the birth but, he sure did capture some fabulous shots of the Momma, Papa and baby (the second egg never hatched). Then he put together a slide show with music that is just too good to not share it.

http://groverphoto.phanfare.com/slideshow.aspx?username=groverphoto&album_id=304621
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    Nice Capture!

Although not in flight, these were taken in my backyard and, to me, show the real meaning of spring...

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Time to hang up the water bags that work so well on our fly friends.
  • Egg PirateEgg Pirate Posts: 114
    Nice Photos!

D
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,643
    That's one beautiful presentation, Richard! Kudos to the producer! I often shoot in a somewhat hi-resolution mode and it's frustrating to have to downsize to meet the new, BGE forum restrictions. Kinda blurs my efforts and often times I question if the posting is worth it...
    Rascal
  • citychickencitychicken Posts: 484
    hey rascal, i know that you have lots of time in the commercial seat, but do you also have glider time? it really is the best in human flying. i love it. just haven't had enough time to enjoy.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    this is all that i have flight-related!

went up in the B-24 last summer. what a great ride.....

thinking of going up in the B-17 this summer.

B-24_small.jpg

B-17_small.jpg

B-25_small.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WillieWillie Posts: 132
    This is simply beautiful, thanks for sharing.Willie
  • Ray KaneRay Kane Posts: 18
    Went to the air show - That's known as a b-1-r-d
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Gosh...great photos......you can almost feel their breath... :laugh: what camera & lens did you use??
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Now -- THAT's a thing-a beauty!

~ B

:) :) :)
  • ThrRoffThrRoff Posts: 169
    And another kind of flight beauty.

flight1.jpg

flight2.jpg
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    SANDHILL CRANE is good eatin! It is affectionately known by bird hunters in NW Texas as "Ribeye in the Sky".

Really quite good!
  • OkeejohnOkeejohn Posts: 291
    Where was this picture taken? Looks like the Florida Keys.

John
    Okeechobee,Fl
  • Dan in St lou - which part of town are you in? We're at the west end, we have a friend (how is repsonsible for this purchase) in Illinois, and I think there is someone in Kirkwood.
    May I say Welcome Neighbor!
    Perico Island on the Suncoast.
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Hey Rascal it’s great with all the nature you see here in Fl. You can see so many different types of animals here all over the state.
    I did a little soaring a number of years and loved it! Never got a rating but often entertained the idea. Where do you soar up there?

Rascal