Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Table for LBGE

beebeeQbeebeeQ Posts: 15
edited 12:03PM in EggHead Forum
I am building a large table for my LBGE. I noticed on the picture gallery that some of the Eggs are placed on the right side and some are placed on the left side of the table. Are there any pros or cons on where it should be placed? TIA

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Well,which hand do you normally use to open the egg?I use my left hand when I have a utencil in my right.To me,I like the table space to the right of the egg. ;)
  • SodakSodak Posts: 57
    Place it on the left. That is where I put it and I fear change. :whistle:
  • citychickencitychicken Posts: 484
    i would tell you that you may want to consider future expansion in the table design for which you ultimately settle. i could only estimate that a large percentage of eggers become owners of multiple eggs. i have two large and one mini.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    If you are not left handed...put it on the left......if you are ...God help you... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    If you are not left handed...put it on the left......if you are ...God help you... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Good one Beli :laugh: :lol: :laugh:
  • you could also make the table a little longer and place the egg in the middle then this would give you the best of both worlds.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 19,369
    Not being a smarty pants here, but unless you are building yours to truly have a front and back you can do what I did. When I first built it I designed it so my large was on the right side. I could reverse the table and turn the BGE 180° and then it would be on the left side! That is precisely what I did and then added a small on the right side and put a fold down shelf on the "new" left side.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Dunlap, IL
  • Ala-EggAla-Egg Posts: 162
    I am right handed, so I wanted my table space on the right side of egg.
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    If you don't like it on the left, just turn the table around and its on the right.