Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE chimney

Options
billex
billex Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, So it was mighty cold here in the NE on Memorial Day, and a chimney could well have been used.
Who had the picture of the BGE chimney??
Do they like it?
Would they recommend it or is it too small?
billex

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    billex, I have a BGE chiminea & I love it. I do wish it were bigger, but unlike clay chimineas, it can be loaded with wood without fear of it cracking. It can be easily transported and, if you remove the chimney and place a grate on it, you can cook on it. The mini grate fits perfectly and is super for cooking burgers or hot dogs. JCA

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    wardeggs.jpg
    <p />billex,
    Here is a picture of mine...J Appledog said it all...I love it...I think KennyG has a good picture of his.
    Larry

• billex
    billex Posts: 27
    Options
    YB, Thx yb
    Will it fix on a large nest?
    Or will the 3 feet work fine

• YB
    Options
    billex,
    It fits in a medium nest...I like the height in the nest better than the short legs.
    Larry

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    chimey.jpg
    <p />billex,[p]I share Julie's comments. Wish it were bigger, but it really throws off the heat when you load it up with fuel. Rated at 1400*, it will last a lifetime.[p]It heated up my deck on Memorial Day while the boys were enjoying cigars out there. Also did some marshmallows afterward.[p]K~G

• YB
    Options
    deckeggs.jpg
    <p />billex,
    Here is a picture of KennyG's...He has the short stand.
    Larry

• KennyG
    Options
    yeltale.jpg
    <p />kat,[p]Yellow Tail is an exceptional Aussie wine and a great value. They offer Merlot, Shiraz and Chardonnay. Here in Ohio it's only $11 for a 1.5 liter magnum.[p]K~G

• YB
    Options
    KennyG,
    That bottle looks cold and I think the cork has been removed.
    Larry

• KennyG
    Options
    YB,[p]Right on both counts. I like to personnally insure the quality of everything I serve to guests. hehehe[p]K~G

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    billex,
    Yes it will. I moved mine into my large stand and use
    the short stand for my mini. Both work fine.
    Chuck

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    J Appledog,
    I know I live in a state known for mobile homes, 'naders and Presidents with roving eyes, but somewhere I've missed a BGE chiminea. I've not seen these before..either at my local dealer or mentioned on the BGE Forum. Are they still available or were they once manufactured and now are discontinued?

• YB
    Options
    Holy Smokes,
    The Atlanta store still has them...Give them a call.You can get them in blue or green.
    Larry