Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

am i the only hockey fan on this forum!?!?!

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
caps-flyersgame1024.jpg

the stanley cup playoffs have started!!! ...and my washington caps may be the most exciting team in the show!!! ... we have some of the best talent in the league, and probably the shoe-in for MVP, alex ovechkin. ..

caps-flyersgame1024.jpg

i was part of 19,000 screaming meamies last night as we beat the broad-street bullies with a stirring 3rd period comeback. ...

caps-flyersgame1043.jpg

i have my red "mullet" already for tomorrow afternoon's game as well. ..

GO CAPS!!!!

ROCK THE RED!!!!!!

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Awesome Max.

Thrashers blew it in the second half, and now that Hossa is gone we have no hopes.

Ovechkin is an animal. Good luck to the Caps.
  • yep, bad trade for atlanta ... . we got the best deal of all at the deadline. ..huet/federov/cooke have been awesome for the caps ... . nobody wants to play us!! ....i've suffered with the caps for 30+ years, and even with the stanley cup finals run in 98, nothing was like the last few weeks at the 'phone booth', and last night was just unbelievable. .. .i sure hope we can make a deep run in the playoffs !!

caps-flyersgame1023.jpg

and great young talent like mike green and nick backstrom ... .

caps-flyersgame1019.jpg

caps-flyersgame1025.jpg
  • Fidel
    I tell ya, the Pens are stacked for playoffs and the future. I saw Crosby play at the Garden against the Rangers this year, and that kid is just SICK. Watch out for them.

I play in a 35+ league and we practice at the Thrashers facility. They have open practice Fridays and visiting teams practice on our ice. I have seen some of those guys in a casual situation and the stuff they do on skates is amazing.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Well, I'm a Blues fan :(
  • man, we get so sick of hearing about sidney crosby in washington. .. .and yes, he is a very, very good hockey player. .. and canada's biggest hit since gretsky .... but ovechkin is a one of a kind player. ... name me a player since gordy howe that led his team in scoring AND hits!!! . ...ovechkin is an animal. ... but yep, with crosby, and malkin, and sykora, pittsburgh is awfully tough. . .. but we have the "young guns" (along with ovechkin, mike green, alex semin and nick backstrom) so we are also set for many years to come ....

its all good!!!
  • oh well, someone has to be. . :unsure: they haven't been the same since mcginnis retired and they let pronger go ....
  • Fidel
    Pronger....that dude is going to play into his 80s.

Talk about a hitter.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Yeah, losing Pronger just took the wind out of their sails. I'd even go back a few more years with the Brendan Shanahan fiasco. Good luck with the Caps, Max, but I'm thinking the Redwings are just too tough (again) this year. Bastids.
  • no! wait! he's a hockey PUCK! hehehehe
  • Sorry guys but my Candians are going all the way. Two more games to wipe out Boston and then we continue to bring the cup back home where it belongs....
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    good lord. now yer just proving you are a cranky ol' man! that "hockey puck" reference is so "Don Rickles". what are we, stuck in 1972 at a Dean Martin Roast?!?1/

:blink: ;)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Uh Max,

Go Leafs Go

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Uh Max,

Go Leafs Go

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    I disagree about Hossa.

Yes the thrashers collapsed, but they weren't really a serious contender anyway. Hossa has proven to be invisible in the playoffs, and I was thrilled with what the Thrash got for him.

Losing Heatley (in a trade for compassion not improvement of the team) hurt FAR more than losing hossa will in the long run.