Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Anniversary

Options
sdbelt
sdbelt Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend marks my Large BGE's first anniversary. Yesterday I treated here to some hot italian sausages (appetizers), followed by some indirect pork spareribs, followed by some direct skinless/boneless chicken breasts.[p]Everything was wonderful. Probably the best reviews from the family yet, including my mother-in-law who noted, "You sure have gotten clever with that thing."[p]Enjoy![p]--sdb

Comments

• AZGator
    AZGator Posts: 24
    Options
    sdbelt,[p]The key is if the MIW thinks you're good enough that we can do another brake job in her driveway. [p]Congrats on the 1 year. Now to figure out what you're going to do with a brand new WSM???[p]Paul
  • sdbelt
    Options
    AZGator,[p]Shhhh. Don't tell anyone I got that product from the dark side. It's still unused, and my primary motive is to have something portable for camping. But we'll see, it'll probably see some backyard use.[p]And I don't think my MIL will ever let me do another automotive repair in her driveway...that is, until her driveway becomes my driveway, when she moves into the guest house.[p]--sdb
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    sdbelt,[p]Congrats! Glad things are working out well with the BGE. Now as for your trek to "the dark side," that's a whole different matter...[p]Weren't we just discussing Star Wars? Haven't you learned anything from Anakin's mistakes?!?[p]Just kidding. I just like making superfluous Star Wars references. Hope you do well with both cookers. A neighbor does wonderful things with both his BGE and his WSM, and I think you'll enjoy their complementary properties. As for portability, I can't even fit the three parts of the WSM into the small trunk of my Mustang, so unless it rides shotgun (which ain't gonna happen after it's been smoking for hours), it ain't coming. Of course, YMMV with a bigger car...[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• sdbelt
    Options
    DIAMOND1.JPG
    <p />Cornfed,[p]This will probably tote the WSM around as necessary. Of course, it would move a Large BGE around with ease as well. The trouble with the latter, is that it's just too much work to load a BGE into the vehicle...plus the risk of damage.[p]--sdb
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    sdbelt,[p]Touche.[p]Cornfed