Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Shoulder instead of Butt

SlapshotSlapshot Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well... somehow we managed to pick up a pork shoulder instead of a boston butt. If I remember correctly, the shoulder will still work fine for pulled pork - correct?

Also, now that I've hauled it out of the fridge, I found it's in 2 pieces and has had the bone removed. I"m guessing each piece is 6-8 lbs. apiece. Other than losing some goodness by not having the bone, will anything else suffer from each piece being open in the middle (somewhat butterflied)?

Any adjustment to cooking times I'll need to make having both puppies on the rack cooking at the same time? I'm figuring each still cooks at around 1.5-2 hrs/lb @ 250 dome - correct?

Thanks !!!

Comments