Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Help Picking Out BGE Accesories

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi-I'm in need of some expert (or is that eggpert) advice on picking out some accesories for my husband's BGE for Father's Day. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I bought his BGE last year for him for Father's Day and it has been wonderful.[p]Thanks,
Maria

Comments

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    Maria,[p]A plate setter for indirect cooks is a "must have". So is the slide/daisy for controlling the temp. An elevated grid for butterflied chickens. Pizza stones and peels for pizza.

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    Maria,[p]Ditto everything David said. A cast iron grate or a NU-Temp 701 wireless thermometer would be my picks.[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Maria, a cheap (but useful) eggcessory is a large Rubbermaid container to hold lump. You can add a pair of coal tongs to it if you wish. It keeps the lump dry and easy to access. Another is a polder thermometer ($20 or so). If you want to up the ante, get him a remote polder. Or get a wok basket for grilling vegetables or small pieces of meat (chicken pieces, shrimp, scallops) or a fish basket which allows you to grill more delicate pieces of fish and some long vegetables (asparagus, or zuchinni spears).

• Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    Options
    Maria,your husband sure is 1 lucky guy! i would put a remote polder style thermometer on the top of the list
  • sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    Maria,[p]How about a mini-BGE? That and all of the other things mentioned. A table/cart, would be another good choice, if you don't already have a solution there.[p]--sdb
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Maria,
    Next on our list of things to get is a small shop vac for easy cleaning.
    You could then fill the canister with lots of little goodies: spices, rubs, injectors, thermometer, etc.

• Unknown
    Options
    Maria,
    looks like you have gotten a list of many items and at many price ranges - but here's another stocking stuffer variety that will make you his heroine...some leather welders' gloves for handling the hot stuff ceramic and preventing burns are a must!

• Unknown
    Options
    another idea is Coleman brand makes an attractice set of BBQ tools with long molded handles which happens to be in their color green which is identical to the same BGE color shade of green. A full set of tools complete with a metal box runs $30, but you can also buy the pieces individually.[p]
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Maria,
    One of the best toys I've gotten myself and my two sons-in-law! Just about don't use anything else

[ul][li]Pig Tails...Very Handy![/ul]