Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options
tstick
tstick Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just read DavidR's post with interest. I cooked an 11.5 brisket last Sat night-Sun morning. Put it on at 8:00PM and took it off at 12 noon Sunday. Kept the Egg at an even 250 the entire time. The internal temp was 200. I thought it was real good as did my family. The leftovers look a little dry but yesterday it was really moist. These briskets seem to cook different every time I do one. tstick

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    tstick, Yup, briskets can humble ya pretty quick. What's that commercial? Bits N Bites? "Every handful, a whole new ball game!" That's brisket fer ya, especially if you change or alternate meat sources!
    Qfan

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    tstick,[p]Congratulations! I'm getting to the opinion that getting a tender juicy brisket off of the egg is the hardest eggtask of them all. If you get that one down . . . [p]. . . then you got it down!

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    tstick,
    I did exactly what you did right down to the time-on and time-off. It held a steady 250 degrees until I checked it at 3:00 AM and it had climbed to 275. I just spritzed it with some apple juice and moved the bottom vent a half-hair. A steady 250 the remainder of the cook. My brisket first spent some time in a marinade and turned out okay. It was tender but lacked something - flavor. I think next time I will do a dry rub brisket. [p]SC