Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers

flajoker
flajoker Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to break my new large egg in burning some burgers for the relatives tomorrow. Have any good variations for the smae old burger?
What is the prefered coming method? Temp.,time,etc.?

Comments

• flajoker,[p]I always mix a good bit of worchestershire sauce into the burgers along with kosher salt and coarse black pepper.[p]I crank up the egg with the top off and bottom vent full open and throw the burgers on @ approx.600-700 degrees.[p]I like mine med rare but the beauty of the BGE is that even if you go well done, the burgers are still plenty juicy and don't shrink like they do on gas.[p]Usually about 4-5 minutes per side is good for me. If you have a polder thermometer you can always use that to make sure it's where you want it. 160 internal ought to be pretty close to that and still be mega juicy.[p]Good luck and enjoy...you'll be glad you spent the money.[p]P.S. Do the mustard ribs....truly the best!

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    flajoker,[p]I kinda like these. Only difference is I like to grind my own burger meat.

[ul][li]Burgers[/ul]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    flajoker,[p]Here are 2 that are quite different.[p]Enjoy!![p]Stogie
    ____________________________________________________________[p]Couzan Billy Burger [p]1 Beef patty
    1 slice Red onion, 1/2" thick
    BBQ Sauce
    1 ounce Cheese, Bleu
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    6 drop(s) Tabasco
    1/4 cup Mayonnaise
    Salt and pepper to taste[p]PREPARATION:
    Grill the onion and brush BBQ sauce on each side.
    Loosely wrap in foil and set aside.
    Grill burger to your doneness.
    Toast the buns.
    Combine the remaining ingredients.
    Place onion slice on bottom bun followed by beef patty.
    Top patty with generous dollop of bleu cheese mixture.
    Top with bun.
    Eat! Serves 1
    ____________________________________________________________[p]UN-traditional Cheeseburger [p]2 pound(s) Ground beef
    2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
    3 Green onion, minced(white part only)
    2 teaspoon(s) Cumin powder
    2 teaspoon(s) Chili powder
    2 teaspoon(s) Oregano, dried
    1 medium Jalapeno peppers, diced
    2 teaspoon(s) Garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon Black pepper, coarsely ground
    6 slice(s) Cheese, Monteray Jack[p]PREPARATION:
    Mix together all ingredients except the cheese slices.[p]Form 6 patties that are 3/4 inches thick.[p]Grill patties and top with cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.[p]Toast buns and serve.[p]A guacamole topping is very good on these! [p]