Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Eggfest Cookbooks

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Egret and Richard FL, we have the Florida Eggfest Cookbooks ready to go. You can find them on the FL Eggfest website:

http://www.lazygatorqcrew.com/eggfest/index.php

Egret compiled the PDF version for us. Richard took Egret's PDF and imported the recepies into Living Cookbook format, for those of you using that program to organize yours.

Have fun! I can't wait to try some of the things I've been hearing about but never got to taste!

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Qbabe..getting a 'file does not begin with '%pdf' error trying to dl the pdf file..FYI ..hmmm.. the LC version doesnt dl either...I get a page of source code...maybe because I'm using Firefox? i'll try IE...yep..the pdf dl's fine with IE but not firefox...still get nothing but a browser full of code for the LC file...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    The pdf file works for me. The fdx file, however, seems to make the browser think it is xml or something and it shows you the source code. I have both books on my website and the fdx has been zipped, so you might want to try there if you can't get it from Qbabe.

Cookbook Collection
    The Naked Whiz
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    PDF works for me also...not sure why LC isn't working...I just took Richards file and put a link to it.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Thanks TNW..will do that. Was already planning on wings this weekend. Think I'll make a pot of those cowboy beans and CW's cornbread again to go with...have great day!..by the way Qbabe..did your Coffee Crusted Pork Loin last weekend..awesome recipe! ;)
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    I am also have trouble downloading the pdf file. I tried it in Forefox and as per The Naked Whiz's suggestion I also tried it in Internet Explorer 7 and still no luck.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Anyone having trouble downloading this file shoot me an email at wjhall@alltel.net and I'll send it to you :cheer:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    YIKES!!!! I was waiting for the bacon wrapped tater tot recipe....and they are not in the cookbook. I did some last week and my wife said "these are not as good as the ones at the Florida Eggfest"....now I have to tell her the recipe is not in the cookbook... :evil:

Other than that thanks again for everyone on their hard work. I can't wait to try some of these other great recipes...
  • egret
    Options
    Hey Kim,
    I'd have been happy to put it in if I had received it :lol:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Well at least the wife will be happy that Missy put her sausage stuffed mushrooms in the book....all of the good food that was cooked and all I have heard about was tater tots, stuffed mushrooms, oh & lets not forget Pat's bloody mary's.... :laugh:

Thanks for your hard work.....
  • Gzmogator
    Gzmogator Posts: 33
    Options
    Having a problem downloading of great master egger. Would you please send me a copy?
    steve@alacarterealtor.com
    Thanks
    Steve
  • egret
    Options
    Headed your way.......