Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any eggers near Hickory, NC?

Options
tarheel
tarheel Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I currently live in Houston, TX but grew up near Hickory, NC. I just purchased an egg about a month ago and love it. My parents who still live near Hickory are looking to purchase a large egg. I wanted to see if anybody had any recomendations on where a good dealer is in the area. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I know Mr. Toad lives near Hickory. He's one of the really old time Eggheads, so I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. He might jump in after he sees your post.

I'm in Spring. What part of Houston are you in?

Are you also aware that the Texas Eggfest is scheduled in Austin on May 10th? Details on he banner at the top of the page.

Spring "Waiting For A Good Rain" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • tarheel
    Options
    Spring Chicken,

Thanks for the reply. I live in Friendswood. I did hear about the Eggfest in Austin. I am thinking about going. Are you planning on going yourself?
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    there is a dealer locater at the top of the main page Here Is The Link it will help your parents find one near them... i would think that they would have a couple up there i have been to hickory on business several hundred times nice town but they roll up the streets at 9 or they used to before they sent all the furniture business over the border.. i still have a few friends up there one i seen today in charlotte at the car auction.... he owns a car lot on 321

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Yes, we'll be there in force. My wife's sister and brother are also coming with their mates. Looks like we'll be in Austin on Thursday and stay 'til Sunday so we can show 'em around.

Probably cook a couple of different items. Practiced on one item tonight and it was good.

See you there.

Spring "Up The Road A Piece" Chicken
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    There is a decent dealer in Raleigh. If they buy it there I will pick it up, deliver it and set it for them.

If your Dad gets some decent steaks I'll break in it for them too :woohoo:

Firehouse Casual Living Store
    5301-J Capitol Blvd
    Raleigh NC US 27616
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    There is a dealer in Statesville, right downtown, Lake Norman pool and spa, good people. -RP
  • tarheel
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,

Thanks for the offer. I will run it by my parents. I hope you have a great weekend. Pulling for the heels this weekend?