Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Ist Butt Cook

BamaBackdraftBamaBackdraft Posts: 318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wish me luck! :whistle: Trying my first low and slow on the BGE. Read and studied TNW and past post and think I'm ready to take it to the next level. :ermm: Got two butts one at 5 3/4 lb and the other at 7 1/2 lb.

DeepdishPizza001.jpg

Rubbed the big one with Rendevous Famous Seasoning and the little with Corky's Dry Rub(Thanks to my daughter in Memphis). Added Turbinado Sugar to both and rubbed them in real good. Rubbed in some honey mustard and added more rub to it afterwards

DeepdishPizza002-2.jpg

Put it on the smoke at 12:45pm.

DeepdishPizza003-2.jpg

Shut it down and put on the rain cap. Supposed to get nasty down here in LA(Lower Alabama) later.

DeepdishPizza004-2.jpg

Maverick is holding steady at 221 grill temp.

As you can tell by my timing I was scared to do an all nighter. Wait! 13 lbs of meat X 2 hours per pound :sick: Going to be an late nighter for sure! :whistle: In Laws :angry: :whistle: coming in tomorrow and wife wanted to have it ready for lunch. When it gets ready sometime this morning how long can I keep it foiled in an cooler?
Any advise will be much appreciated

Comments