Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got my first BGE. (Finally!)

2»

Comments

• Tuck
    Tuck Posts: 54
    A Gulf Coast Eggfest would be fun!

Oh and I love your table. I've become a Saints fan since I moved down to the Gulf Coast. I'm interested in how you did the tile work on your table. I'm planning on trying to make a table later this month.
  • authentic
    authentic Posts: 39
    As for the tile questions, it was my first time too. I did a little bit of research and found that I could go with plywood or cement board. We built the table all out of wood, 4x4's for the legs, 2x4 for the top and bottom frame, and a pine top. We put it all together, secured it down, and then cut the hole. From there we glued the tiles down to the wood top with super glue. Then we grouted overtop of the tiles, and let it dry. Then sealed it.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Congrats, and welcome to the EggNation!
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey authentic,
    Welcome to the club.I really enjoy my eggs,and I hope that you do to.I do not like to use the feet under the eggs.It seems to make them wobbley.Two of my eggs have sat on pavers since 2004 with no problems.I replaced the pavers a while back because they didn't match.There was nothing wrong with the wood underneath and the pavers wern't cracked.Just get out there and grill :woohoo:

002.jpg
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Nice table, Authentic. You won't regret getting the Egg...it'll be around for decades to come.
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    Congrats on the new addition to your family. That able looks great. Welcome to life with and Egg!