Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin suggestions

MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mornin all![p]I have only done beef tenderloin one time. I'm just looking for some creative suggestins from my favorite board members. Plan on doing jerky Sunday then the tenderloin. [p]Happy eggin.[p]Mick

Comments

• I forget who cooked the beef tenderloin at Eggfest, but it was great! The tenderloin was marinated in Stubb's beef marinade. I picked up some Stubbs marinade a couple of days ago, I'm going to try it with flank steak or London Broil next week.

• Gordy
    Gordy Posts: 49
    BluesnBQ,
    There's a receipe out there some where for a tenderloin stuffed with spinach, I copied it and tried it, superb for wifeo and me but kids didn't like it.

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    MickeyT.,[p]What goes better with beef than bleu cheese? Horseradish![p]Why not both![p]Enjoy!![p]Stogie
    ____________________________________________________________[p]Bleu Cheese Stuffed Beef Loin [p]2 pound(s) Beef Tenderloin
    1/2 cup Cheese, Bleu
    2 tablespoon(s) Butter
    1/2 cup Bread crumbs, fine
    1 cup Mushrooms, fresh, chopped
    1/4 cup Onion(s), minced
    1 teaspoon Rosemary, dried[p]WET RUB
    A1 Steak Sauce, Country Bob's Sauce, Dales Marinade or other such liquid
    Grated horseradish[p]PREPARATION:
    The night before or the morning of, coat entire loin with sauce.
    Add the horseradish and cover generously. I use the kind that is in a jar in the cooler section of the supermarket. Cover this with plastic wrap and let marinate for as long as possible.
    When ready to cook, let beef warm to room temp and make your stuffing.
    Cut loin horizontally to make a pocket for the stuffing.
    In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
    Add the onion, mushrooms and rosemary. Saute until onion is soft.
    Add the bread crumbs and cheese and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
    Insert the stuffing into the pocket in the loin.
    Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper on both sides.
    Grill over high heat(450-500º) to sear each side. This will take about 3 minutes per side.
    Reduce heat to 350-400º and cook another 10-20 minutes turning a couple of times.
    Grill to your liking.
    Cooking times are dependent on many factors, so use a temp gauge to test meat.[p]

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    MickeyT.,
    I did one just a coupe nights ago...I sprinkled it with a little garlic salt and onion powder then coated it with Garlic Peppercorn char-crust and wrapped it in plastic for a night in the fridge. Cooked it the following evening over some mesquite chunks to about 145° internal....Awesome flavor and you could honestly cut it with a fork. Really plain and simple, but the flavor was terrific. BTW..it was cooked at approx 350° for 30-45 minutes.[p]Wess

• MickeyT
    WessB,[p]Sold to the man in the first row. That sounds simple and good. I'll let ya know how it turns out.[p]Have a good and safe weekend everyone.[p]Mick

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    MickeyT.,
    Try the link below it's awesome.
    B D

[ul][li]Stuffed Tenderlion[/ul]
  • Stogie,
    Good Lord that sounds good!!!! I'll be trying this recipe this weekend. Thanks.
    lns

• WessB
    MickeyT.,
    Just for the record I sliced it on the bias at around 1/4 - 1/2" thick
    Enjoy.[p]Wess

• MickeyT
    WessB,[p]You mean you scored the beef or actually cut it[p]Mick

• WessB
    MickeyT.,
    sorry for the late reply...I cut it at 45 degree angles ( on the bias ) to serve it only...didn`t score or cut it at all for the cook.[p]Wess