Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuck Roast t-Rex Pt.II

Options
BamaBackdraft
BamaBackdraft Posts: 318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I had already put a heavy coat of Montreal Steak seasoning on it and was thinking about cooking like a 3lbs. steak ala T-Rex Style. :ermm:

ChuckRoast001.jpg

After posting my thoughts to the forum, some fine folks talk me back to my reality. Dummy, that ain't a big steak your looking at! :ermm: :blush::whistle: Decided to experiment with a T-Rexed pot roast. What the heck got good ole Baby backs left over from last night for a back up. Fired up the lgBGE to 700 dome temp. Threw it on for a 1 1/2 minutes per side.

ChuckRoast002.jpg

While waiting on the dome to get down to 350, double wrapped roast in foil topped with golden mushroom soup, chopped onion, sliced shrooms and a splash of Moores Merinade.

ChuckRoast003.jpg

Cooked it indirect at felt level for 1 3/4 hour. Checked it with a thermapen stuck through the foli and it had already got to 180. Pulled it off and opened it up to help stop the cooking.

ChuckRoast004.jpg

Came out pretty tasty but a little on the dry side. Will try to change it up nex time. The montreal seasoning was a little overpowering for pot roast. Lower the cooking temp to around 200-225. Will do it in a dutch oven next time.

ChuckRoast005.jpg

I broke out the fine china for the photo shoot. :laugh:

Comments