Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

small 550 max part 2

Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
edited 4:05AM in EggHead Forum
slide show, hope this works
th_DSCN1551.jpg
·

Comments

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    From the photos in the slide show, you never really had enough lump in there to maintain a hot fire. Have you tried to the top of the firebox?
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • axproaxpro Posts: 50
    +1 with the Wiz, I am currently finishing a brisket in hte oven, cause the lump i have left isn't enough to get me over 300.. even with everything cranked open!

THe times i have had an easy time with T-rex temps, I LOADED it up with as much lump as she would hold
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    I will filler to the top tonight. THANKS! I better go get something to burn :)
    ·
  • MatanuskaMatanuska Posts: 29
    Susan -

What is the liquid on top of the lump in the 1st picture?
    ·
  • MatanuskaMatanuska Posts: 29
    Never mind . . .

I didn't read far enough down in the posts!
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Amen, guys. Got to have some lump in the firebox. I found that out a few weeks back. Now for really hot temps, I clean everything out and put some fresh lump (lots of it) so that you can't even see the vent holes any longer. Basically, up the to the fire ring.
    ·