Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

small 550 max part 2

Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
slide show, hope this works
th_DSCN1551.jpg
·

Comments

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    From the photos in the slide show, you never really had enough lump in there to maintain a hot fire. Have you tried to the top of the firebox?
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • axproaxpro Posts: 50
    +1 with the Wiz, I am currently finishing a brisket in hte oven, cause the lump i have left isn't enough to get me over 300.. even with everything cranked open!

THe times i have had an easy time with T-rex temps, I LOADED it up with as much lump as she would hold
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    I will filler to the top tonight. THANKS! I better go get something to burn :)
    ·
  • MatanuskaMatanuska Posts: 29
    Susan -

What is the liquid on top of the lump in the 1st picture?
    ·
  • MatanuskaMatanuska Posts: 29
    Never mind . . .

I didn't read far enough down in the posts!
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Amen, guys. Got to have some lump in the firebox. I found that out a few weeks back. Now for really hot temps, I clean everything out and put some fresh lump (lots of it) so that you can't even see the vent holes any longer. Basically, up the to the fire ring.
    ·