Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Dallas Question

Options
Edemitch
Edemitch Posts: 196
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a business trip this week to Dallas. I haven't had the pleasure of visiting anywhere in Texas so I'm looking for restaurant suggestions. I know a number of you live down that way so thanks in advance for your help

Ed
Deer Park, NY

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Hey Ed,

I'd recommend heading out to the Beltline area over in Addison...you'll find lots of nice places to eat. I really liked Fogo de Chao and Tokyo One. There is also a really nice Cajun restaurant called Nate's which I like a lot.

Have fun out there!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Beltline is good. Trulox near Nates for a somewhat upper end meal. Across the Tollway is Houstons for ribs. Just about any major steak joint within a mile or two also. Not much for decent bbq up there though, only chain type establishments.
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Pork N Stein
    Options
    I'd recommend Bob's Steak & Chop house, its kinda spendy though. If you're traveling for business, its pretty good if the expense account can handle it.
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
    Thanks for the info everybody It gives me a good starting place.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Dallas has more resturants per capita than any city in the country, so there's lots to choose from. The recs given by the others are all good spots, my favorite steakhouses are III Forks and Bob's and Fogo De Chao (as mentioned) is a carnivore's dream!

A couple spots very good BBQ in the area:

The ORIGNAL Sonny Bryan's near Inwood/Harry Hines is greatness, good food still smoked the way they've done it for years, and unbeatable BBQ "joint" feel (you eat off of school room chair-tables!

Main Street BBQ in Euless, only open Fri-Sun when I was in Dallas, cash only, all you can eat buffet, BYOB (we used to go before every weekend Rangers game) - this place is really a side business for these boys who used to compete on the road. Good grub 4 sure....

Ed, don't judge Texas by Big-D, sorry to those of you who live there, but it was my home for almost 25 years, and someone would have to pay me 7 figures a year to move back - it's a HUGE city with all that goes with that. People are nice though, so Ed, you will get a taste of "Texas Hospitality." But if you get a chance to plan another "business trip", get down here to the Austin Area.....pretty convinced this is where God really meant to put Eden! (And I'm an Aggie!)

Enjoy Dallas!!