Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Earth Hour

Rick in Crystal Lake
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well,it about 8:20 pm here and my neighborhood is pretty much dark except for my place. I'm making up for what they are not.
It's kind of funny, in a sick way i guess, that I am watching a special on "Jihad USA" on the FOX network as all this Earth Hour is unfolding. I can't help but feel sadness for the misguided folks sitting in the dark. If they only knew. The real danger is not global warming. I'm so glad to know that many of my fellow Eggers understand the real threat and that this simbolism and feel good ideaology is leading us down a path that will destroy our nation as we know it.
That's my opinion and I am so greatful to be still able to express it.
Thanks.

Comments

• My neighbors are all level headed reasonable people, we have so many thing running we blew a transformer, hey Al Gore, sit on it.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i entirely agree with your right to have an opinion and that you should be able to express it.

i just think a barbecue forum is the wrong place, is all. especially since you have a grand total of six posts under your belt.

post some chicken wing pics, and a cuppla thoughts on steaks, and then we'll see how receptive we all are to your politics.

but i can tell you, we'd much prefer the pics of your chicken, whether we agreed with you or not.

parenthetically, i wish all the gun ho pricks that think it's a jihad would actually take their d!ck out and get over there and fight it. i have yet to meet a soldier who talked as tough as someone who had a glass of wine or two and was safe at home typing.

my nephew was a medic who slept in a frigging prison yard in abu graib under a tent for 18 months and had to sign up to check his email every couple of days. at least you have a lightbulb you can leave on in protest. but i think if you really felt strongly you could maybe send him a grand for some body armor or maybe even sign up.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Stike,
    Your point is well taken.
    I love my Egg. I did post in the old forum but had to change my email and handle because I could not log in under my old info.
    Anyway, I promise to keep it food related in the future. I just felt strongly about this and perhaps this Was not the correct medium to express it.
    I am sorry..
  • stike
    remember. we all feel strongly about it.
  • Play nice stikey he said he was sorry.
  • stike
    i did. wasn't trying to be harsh. just said that we all feel strongly. should have maybe added a smiley. those things have been helping out with the intended tone of voice lately

still don't like the smileys, but they do help!