Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping WMK

Options
Haggis
Haggis Posts: 998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If the new forum is the official forum and you are trying to move people off the old one, maybe you can tell me why:

I go to biggreenegg.com and click on forums, and click (doesn't make sense why that should be necessary) on the link in the verbiage that comes up, I end up on the OLD forum.

Comments

• Haggis
    Options
    sorry for the double posting . . .
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Haggis,

Yes I can. The new forum will eventually occupy the same url as the old one; so, the biggreenegg.com site is actually correct. Once we get the kinks worked out, we'll swtich eggheadforum.com to be this one. Should be pretty soon now that we've got "Return to index" and "Remember me" working. Those seemed to be pretty big pain points for many.
  • Haggis
    Options
    That's wonderful stuff but the reason I raised this point seems somewhat important. Specifically, I was asked today to provide advice to a person interested in purchasing an Egg. I told him I could provide links to the BGE website and the user forum. I quickly realized that the URL on the BGE site was not correct if one wanted to reach THIS forum. That means that any prospective purchaser without separate knowledge would end up on the old forum. Quite frankly, that's lousy marketing and poor public relations. It would seem a simple thing to change a single link back on the BGE website . . .
  • Kew_el_steve
    Options
    Here's a vote to:
    * use THIS URL
    * change the link on the website
    * be done with it.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Haggis,

I personally prefer "greeneggers" to "eggheadforum" but it's not my call. BGE likes "eggheadforum"; and, only they can change the link on biggreenegg.com (I'm sure they won't).

When people stop complaining about the new forum is when I would do the switch; or, I'll be pleased to do it whenever BGE requests it (i.e. when they feel the new forum is at least an adequate replacement for the old one).
  • Haggis
    Options
    I hear ya!

You've addressed several of the issues I have had with the new forum and my thanks for that.

The new forum is much harder for users even if it provides more functionality. Its sorta like MS Word - despite all the stuff they've added in the last ten years, no one uses most of it and only a few go beyond the basics because it just isn't worth the effort for the small return.

As far as BGE is concerned, it seems to me that someone needs to slap along side the head or otherwise shake 'em a bit - its beyond me why a company would keep something that directs their potential customers to a non-functioning place - you might as well direct them to the competitors.