Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops

Butch M
Butch M Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do you cook Lamb Chops on the egg. Please share the type of seasoning, time and temp, and what goes well with it. We have never had Lamb before, and thought we would give it a try tonight.
Thank you for you help.

Comments

• Frozen Chosen
    Frozen Chosen Posts: 131
    Butch M,
    If loin chops, remove fat around the chops. I go with cuts at 1 3/4 in. thickness. Make a loose paste out of minced garlic, fresh minced rosemary, and half as much fresh minced thyme all blended with olive oil. Sltaher cuts with this and maridate for as long as you can. Grill direct at 500F for about 10 and 6, for m-rare. Serve with jalpeno jelly and potatoes au gratin; one of out favorite meals.

• Joel Ferman
    Joel Ferman Posts: 243
    Frozen Chosen,
    I almost ALWAYS prepare it as you have explained, however I like to add a generous twist of fresh lemon juice to them right before they are cooked. I also find that Critelli extra virgin olive oil seems to work wonders with Lamb.[p]-Joel

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Butch M,
    Sounds like you already got some good advice for tonight.
    A lamb marinade that I like is lemon juice, crushed garlic, and oregano. After the marinate, cook as per Frozen Chosen's suggestion.
    I just had a garlic spatchcock chicken for dinner, but my mouth is now watering for lamb!
    The egg is not a diet facilitator.[p]Janet[p]

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Janet,
    You forgot the olive oil in that mix.
    Janet[p]