Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggsquisite Success

Options
Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today was a great achievement day.....two briskets.....19 pounds......230° dome..................190° internal......in 10 hrs......then foiled for 3 hrs......EGGSQUISITE!!
Briskets going in:
2Briskets19pounds.jpg
Egg at work:
2Briskets19pounds001.jpg
End product....the other one had been eaten already:
2Briskets021.jpg

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Glad it worked out, but pics too large to view.
  • Wasted Words
    Options
    Looks great, I've yet to produce any brisket. I guess it's time to get get to work. :laugh:
    It looks like the new tree is setting up very nice.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Wow,thats an eggfull.I'm glad that they came out good.I bet you had some pretty happy customers. :)
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Wish he'd reduce them in size too. He takes good pix.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Hey dynagreaseball,just click reply then scroll down to see the pics. :)
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Hey thanks. That's a lot quicker than copy/paste, but they're kinda small.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Yea,but it works great just to preview the pics.Then you can copy and paste any that you want to see larger. ;)
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    Those briskets look great, and the view from the patio isn't bad either B)
  • Big'un
    Options
    I've been doing that also to view pics, but hopefully, everyone will get onboard with the correct sizing.
  • chazz
    chazz Posts: 23
    Options
    Beli:

Just wondering how you got your BGE in Mexico. I am in Guadalajara and need one. My Large is in storage in US and I can't transport it here. Any help finding an egg in Mexico would be appreciated.

Chazz
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When I use "classic view" the pic.s show up in the post.
    That also provides me with the most excellent "Return to Index" button!

TW- Looks GREAT Beli!
    I think this is one of the few cases where the yard looks better than the food! :)
  • Beli
    Options
    It was a present...I understand Daltile in Monterrey manufactures some parts.....probably through them you could get some help. Good luck.
  • Beli
    Options
    Thank you all. I got a bit nervous since never had i done two briskets at the same time.....I was pleasantly surprised that both were ready in about 10 hrs, and tender & juicy.....bought them at Sam´s and they barely fitted my large......I used the 3 little green ceramic pieces under the drip pan and it made all the difference......it was still full after all the cooking time....after the briskets were done I moved the ashes a bit........put some new lump charcoal, opened the vents , and set temp up to around 600° and cooked bananas foster.....sorry no pics of that....but by then the tequilas were taking effect I suppose and forgot all about it.......anyway great success with our friends and sense of achievement :silly: ....time went so fast....my wifwe & I went to bed at 4:30 AM......our daughter Valeria (5 years old) came to wake me up at 8:00 AM so here I am.......God Bless.
  • Beli
    Options
    Yes , the tree is doing great......my friend in the nursery charged me according to the trunk diameter....and I told him it was fine but I was to pay him according to the shade size...and fortunately for me???? the shade is minimum just now.. :laugh:
  • Beli
    Options
    I am extremely sorry Dyna, but you know it took me a long time when I joined the forum to fix my settings so I could see everybody´s pics including posting mine of course..... now I´d very very uneasy about changing them ......I understand most friends at the forum can see them though....wish I could help you there......
  • Big'un
    Options
    I'm in classic view. I also loooove the "Return to Index"