Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Stoker

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
has anyone had any expierence with the stoker? specifically hooking it up to a laptop to monitor grate and food temps. My guru works great on the large, but i melted one of my gurus
last year and am looking to replace. Not exactly the most computer savy and was just wondering the difficulty involved.
thanks much
tim

Comments

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    I'm in the same boat as you! I had a minor difficulty and had to send mine back, but Rock took care of the trbl. I'm just starting to find time to cook with it. If I ever figure it out I'll be happy to give you a shout!
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Smokey bottom boy,

I have both the q2 and the stoker.

The Stoker won't seem as easy as the guru as there is more involved. However, once or twice using the Stoker you will find pretty simple to use.

The provided instructions walk you through the pc set up. It only takes a minute or so. Wireless is a matter of having a acces point (wireless router) that the stoker plugs into.

Once hooked up to the computer wired or wireless, one can change the settings temps at he computer and is a real nice feature.

GG
  • I can help here. Lots of experience doing this. First tell me how you plan to hook up the Stoker? Direct to your computer, or through a router?