Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raised Grills Part II

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy,[p]This raised grill Idea is totaly cool. I have a question though. Is there ever a time when you take out that setup, and just use a regular grill? Like for cooking steaks or something hot, OR, do you just crank up the temp higher for searing, etc..etc..?[p]Secondly, On these raised grills, from the main grill, to the upper deck grill, is there enough heigth there to put pork butts? I'm thinking you could put 2-3 pork butts on the bottom (main) grill, and then another 2-3 on the top grill. At 8lbs a pork butt, that would be a maximum of 48LBS of smokey, succulent, hickory smoked, artery clogging goodness!!!!![p]AND, (pay attention BGE Co People) with a setup like that, you could equal one of your rivals cookers, with the same amount of meat cooked.[p]This DR Frazier Crane, And "I'm Listening"[p]

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    DSCN0097-O.jpg
    <p />gamecock_4_life,
    BGE has paid attention..thats why they make the grill extender..[p]Wess

• Unknown
    Options
    WessB,[p]Doooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!![p]Great picture.
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    WessB,
    How long ago did you get your grid extender? I ordered 2 back in November and all that they had were the flip-up type. My plan had been to hang one below the main grid for a drip pan and one above to double up on grid space.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    pork2.jpg
    <p />gamecock_4_life, [p]I think this was 3 - 6 pounders and I could have definately fit more on. This setup is over an inverted plate setter with a drip pan on it. I only use this setup for butts, brisket and jerky and go back to the "factory" setup for steaks etc. The grid extenders work great, I have the regular one and one that hinges. Have a great day.[p]Chuck <><
  • Charcoal Mike
    Charcoal Mike Posts: 223
    Options
    Citizen Q,[p]What do you mean? I just ordered one last week, but evidently hasn't shipped yet. What different types do they have (I thought there was just one type)?[p]I wanted to have one I could use to either place below the main grid to hold a drip pan, or above if I wanted more cooking space. [p]- Mike

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    This is a pic from the BGE website..I don`t own one..but honestly believe they are available at Seasonl dist. here in Maryland..dont quote me but I thought they had them at Eggfest. Wish had more details for ya, but I dont..Sorry.[p]Wess