Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless Steel Grate for Large BGE

Matanuska
Matanuska Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone located a good source for these?

Thanks

Comments

• http://www.eggaccessories.com/

Great products, I started off just wanting to buy the stainless grate, ended up buying the adjustable rig special too and have been really pleased with all of the products I've tried. As a perk, he's a great guy to talk with as well!
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • Matanuska
    Matanuska Posts: 29
    Thanks Pork - that's just what I was looking for.

What have you used the adjustable rig for?
  • Tuck
    Tuck Posts: 54
    If I have the Platesetter, am I better off getting a Woo2 over the Adjustable Rig & Spider?
  • So far, I've used it for doing brisket burgers higher in the dome (indirect with drip pan on lower level), steaks seared on a grate on the spider, and have done butt over brisket with two racks and a drip pan on an inverted spider. I'm still planning on a rib cook, 4-6 butts at once, and a few other cooks that I've been putting off. The ability to cook higher in the dome, the ability to use a grate on the spider to sear without frying my gaskets, and the special web pricing on the rig/spider/oval grid combo made it a no brainer for me.

The versatility of the rig is pretty amazing. Spend a few minutes on the site looking at the pictures of the example setups, and also look at the 9 questions page on his site to help you determine if a woo2 or rig will meet your needs. I haven't used my plate setter since I got the rig.

I'd happily trade my plate setter for a pizza stone at this point, that's one of the items I still have to acquire!
    Roanoke TX
  • Tuck,

See my reply above, I went with the rig and haven't used my plate setter since. I picked up a 14" cast iron griddle at Academy and use it on the spider for indirects these days.
    Roanoke TX
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    You contact Tom tjv at http://www.eggaccessories.com/ he will hook you up with what ever your needs are. He will guide you in the right direction and not sell you anything you don't need. I have a lot of his stuff. Wok, Adj.rig, stainless grid for the large. His products are great and you will not be disapointed. Good Luck Happy Egging.
  • Egg Pirate
    Egg Pirate Posts: 114
    I agree with Pork N Stein and Pork Butt Mike, I just bought the adjustable rig for my large. Haven't used the plate setter since. It's just so versatile and easy to change.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Pork N Stein wrote:
    I'd happily trade my plate setter for a pizza stone at this point, that's one of the items I still have to acquire!

You know, you could pretty easily adapt that plate setter with a tile saw or masonry blade and a jigsaw if you felt a little froggy....and if you were certain you wouldn't ever need the legs reattached. :lol:
  • I can second PBM's response. Call tvj, he has all the goodies.
  • Mahi-Mahi
    Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
    Where did you find the SS tables that hold the eggs?
  • Eggcellent idea! I don't think the plate setter is quite as thick as the pizza stone, but otherwise, they're about the same size right? Anyone think of a reason this wouldn't work or might be dangerous?
    Roanoke TX
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    thanks man, I appreciate it. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • tjv
    thanks, by chance anything eggable in the pond.....LOL. T
  • tjv
    Thanks Glen! Goodies, maybe I need to hang at the street corner and wear a hoodie, LOL. T