Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stainless Steel Grate for Large BGE

MatanuskaMatanuska Posts: 29
edited 11:32PM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone located a good source for these?

Thanks
·

Comments

• http://www.eggaccessories.com/

Great products, I started off just wanting to buy the stainless grate, ended up buying the adjustable rig special too and have been really pleased with all of the products I've tried. As a perk, he's a great guy to talk with as well!
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • MatanuskaMatanuska Posts: 29
    Thanks Pork - that's just what I was looking for.

What have you used the adjustable rig for?
    ·
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    If I have the Platesetter, am I better off getting a Woo2 over the Adjustable Rig & Spider?
    ·
  • So far, I've used it for doing brisket burgers higher in the dome (indirect with drip pan on lower level), steaks seared on a grate on the spider, and have done butt over brisket with two racks and a drip pan on an inverted spider. I'm still planning on a rib cook, 4-6 butts at once, and a few other cooks that I've been putting off. The ability to cook higher in the dome, the ability to use a grate on the spider to sear without frying my gaskets, and the special web pricing on the rig/spider/oval grid combo made it a no brainer for me.

The versatility of the rig is pretty amazing. Spend a few minutes on the site looking at the pictures of the example setups, and also look at the 9 questions page on his site to help you determine if a woo2 or rig will meet your needs. I haven't used my plate setter since I got the rig.

I'd happily trade my plate setter for a pizza stone at this point, that's one of the items I still have to acquire!
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • Tuck,

See my reply above, I went with the rig and haven't used my plate setter since. I picked up a 14" cast iron griddle at Academy and use it on the spider for indirects these days.
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    You contact Tom tjv at http://www.eggaccessories.com/ he will hook you up with what ever your needs are. He will guide you in the right direction and not sell you anything you don't need. I have a lot of his stuff. Wok, Adj.rig, stainless grid for the large. His products are great and you will not be disapointed. Good Luck Happy Egging.
    ·
  • Egg PirateEgg Pirate Posts: 114
    I agree with Pork N Stein and Pork Butt Mike, I just bought the adjustable rig for my large. Haven't used the plate setter since. It's just so versatile and easy to change.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Pork N Stein wrote:
    I'd happily trade my plate setter for a pizza stone at this point, that's one of the items I still have to acquire!

You know, you could pretty easily adapt that plate setter with a tile saw or masonry blade and a jigsaw if you felt a little froggy....and if you were certain you wouldn't ever need the legs reattached. :lol:
    ·
  • I can second PBM's response. Call tvj, he has all the goodies.
    ·
  • Mahi-MahiMahi-Mahi Posts: 162
    Where did you find the SS tables that hold the eggs?
    ·
  • Eggcellent idea! I don't think the plate setter is quite as thick as the pizza stone, but otherwise, they're about the same size right? Anyone think of a reason this wouldn't work or might be dangerous?
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    thanks man, I appreciate it. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    thanks, by chance anything eggable in the pond.....LOL. T
    ·
    Thanks Glen! Goodies, maybe I need to hang at the street corner and wear a hoodie, LOL. T
    ·