Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Easter Raspberry Chipotle Pork Loin

WonkaWonka Posts: 68
edited 6:40PM in EggHead Forum
My Pastor was sick Sunday, so I offered to move the big Easter dinner from his house to mine. His wife was going to bake a Raspberry Chipotle pork loin in the oven, and I of course volunteered to do it on the Egg instead. She said that in the oven, she bastes it with the Raspberry Chipotle sauce the whole time, but I thought on the Egg, I'd just use it as a glaze at the end to get some Hickory flavor in there. Is that a correct assumption, that if there's a sacue, it won't taste (as) smokey? Anyway, I just used some EVOO, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and a little garlic powder. Then 5 minutes before removing from the heat, I used the glaze.

About an hour or so at 350 indirect, here are the results:

After resting a few minutes:

Plated but before the sauce drizzle:

Plated, drizzled, and on the table!

The full spread:

• Great looking spread! My guess is they'll be asking you to do the big Easter dinner again next year!
  • BigCharBigChar Posts: 113
    Looks fantastic. I have had great success with the pork loins on the egg, they have all come out juicy and tender, despite my attempts to over-cook 'em. I do not know about the somke flavor being overcome by the sauce. I think that depends upon which kind of wood you use for smoke. Since your exposure is only 60-90 minutes, you may be right.
  • usc1321usc1321 Posts: 627
    Looks like a great Easter dinner. with food like that you maight want to Watch out you may be doing this at your place from now on.
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    What a feast! The pork loin looks great!