Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Today was egret's ham and my side dish

RRPRRP Posts: 17,412
edited 10:35AM in EggHead Forum
Here's egret's maple & bourbon ham recipe this morning before the cook. It turned out wonderful as usual. Thanks egret!
IMG_2277.jpg

Then as a side dish I made my brown & wild rice dish complete with pecans, almonds, celery, onions and dried cherries. That is such a hearty dish that compliments ham. I don't know why I don't fix it more often. And it's purdy too!!!
IMG_2282.jpg

recipe is here:
http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=104&func=detail&id=411
Ron
Dunlap, IL

Comments

• Looks good Ron. I have not tried a ham yet.
    Marc
  • RRPRRP Posts: 17,412
    LOL - then DON'T before April 24th either!!! I'm trying to show you guys something different in the class without it having to be a BBQ rhinoceros or ring tail monkey! Give an old man a break! :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • where's the after? Looks delicious.
  • they look great. did you cook teh rice from scratch on the Egg
    I didn't post it cauz it almost looked like a frat picture, if you get my drift...
    IMG_1889_2.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    No, I hope I didn't mislead you - that wasn't a BGE dish, but one that complimented a BGE ham. I suppose a diehard could do it some way, but if you'll read the recipe the rice was Uncle Ben's. The added ingredients and then further baking raised it out of the common rice dish category IMHO.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • ILL--EGGERILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    They both look fantastic Ron. Gotta give that Ham a try myself someitme.
  • egretegret Posts: 4,042
    Thanks a bunch, Ron. Glad you like the recipe :laugh:
    We had one tonight as well that we took over to a friend's house. That side dish looks great!!