Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jalopeno Poppers

Options
metrylee
metrylee Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
can anyone tell me what temp.to cook Jalapeno poppers and how long , thanks

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Honestly, they are very forgiving and can be cooked at anywhere from 250 to 400 with relative ease.

I get best results around 325, but have done them at most temps in that range.

At 325 they take about ab hour or so, depending on the thickness of the bacon you are using.

Without regard to temp, just watch the bacon. When it looks done you are good to go.
  • metrylee
    Options
    Thanks is there any way i can save these recipies
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    The ones I like I just copy the text, then past it into Word (notepad or wordpad will work also), then save them to a recipes folder on my local PC.

I keep the originals with the original source, and then any changes or modifications I make are noted as well.
  • metrylee
    Options
    those poppers were great and a little kick
  • Metamark
    Options
    I made a version of these poppers for an early fall condo cookout, and they were a big hit. Made 36 of them on a Large BGE, and they were all gone in about 15 minutes...even had some positive comments from a couple of professional chefs that were in attendance. Here are the modifications.

1. I used Philly cream cheese in a tub with onions and chives.

2. Diced up some roasted red peppers and trimmings from the jalopenas (nuked for 1 minute before mixing), then mixed it with the cream cheese before filling the jalopenas.

3. Smoked them using the plate setter at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes and used Jack Daniels wood chips.

4. Standard stuff: trimmed stems off jalopenas, slit jalopenas lengthwise, dugout seeds etc., wrapped in half bacon strips.