Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Butt for Easter Lunch

edited 1:19PM in EggHead Forum
Put it on last night at 11pm. Set the guru to 220.

Had to peek at 10:30am. Internal Temp at 173.

YUMMY!

IMG_6246.jpg

Comments

• KCKC Posts: 91
    Nice bark on that baby. What rub did you use?
  • Dan in StLDan in StL Posts: 247
    Looks great! I'm a newbie, so I'm going to see if you'll provide me with some basic Eggucation here. . .

You said you "set the guru to 220." Does that imply there's a gizmo that not just measures but actually regulates the temp?

Thanks!
  • Eggsistentialist wrote:
    Looks great! I'm a newbie, so I'm going to see if you'll provide me with some basic Eggucation here. . .

You said you "set the guru to 220." Does that imply there's a gizmo that not just measures but actually regulates the temp?

Thanks!

Yes! It's called the BBQ Guru and the model I have is the DigiQ II. It has a fan which you put over the draft door and it monitors pit and meat temp. Depending on what I'm cooking, I may or my not use the meat polder. The one on the grate is awesome for just about any indirect temp you want to set.

boz.
  • I use the basic rub recipe from one of those BBQ Bible series books, but I cut back on the sugar.