Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

new "Return to index" link, alternative to "back"

WMKWMK Posts: 1,747
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
All,

There is a new "Return to index" link at the top of each message in the "classic" view. It will return your browser to the main index at the point where that message is linked.

Note: if you being to scroll before the page is finished loading, then you may not get positioned in the index as expected.

Note: it will not return to a message that has scrolled off of page one of the index, at least not yet.
·

Comments

• I tried it and liked it
    ·
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    yeah..nice link..thx WMK...
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I've always just clicked on "Egghead Forum" on the left.
    ·
  • citychickencitychicken Posts: 484
    thanks wmk! one less thing that people have to complain regarding the new forum (ooops. i can't wait to see who will be the first to complain that they have to click "return to index", because of course, they never had to do that in the old forum).,

hang in there. thanks for your help.
    ·
  • JawjajoeJawjajoe Posts: 51
    Thanks, this is a nice addition.

Joe
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i really really really really like this new feature.. however i know i am a pain but if you could make the remember me button actually remember me i would never never never ask anymore of you.... i know it sounds mean and i do not mean it that way but i am really not fond of signing in every 45 min... when i sign on at photobucket they remember me until i run a browsing history deletion (is that a word?). i have to set all my prefrences with Sports Illistrated and other places i have to sign on.... once again i realy hate to be such a pain and i am very happy you have given me the privelage of using your space in the internet world to make alot of friends and i am able to give my family a better meal because you are there...... so thanks again for all you do.......

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    THANK YOU! (Yes I'm shouting.) That's a big improvement.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Thanks
    ·
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    It's my favorite thing to click
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,443
    You know I SECOND that request!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • WMKWMK Posts: 1,747
    Bente,

The login issues are next on my list.
    ·
  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Very nice. Thank you for the good work!

Cornfed
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,443
    Thank YOU, sir!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    thanks ALOT i wish i could make that bigger to convey my grattitude ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Using it on page 2, it returns me to page 1 instead the page 2 threads....
    ·
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Thanks for the update--it works fine w/Safari.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Thanks for the hard work you do for us!!
    You are appreciated!
    Molly
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Oh Man! That work great :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Thanks Guy!
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    thanks, it works, i like it and i hope the easter bunny is good to you.
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Thanks. Return to index works good.
    Clay
    ·
  • I have a smoke turkey I am doing for easter.I have been cooking a 11 pound turkey for 11.5 hrs. My problem is around 3:am I notice the temperture drop to 150 on my egg and there was no more smoke. I added some wood apple, and open the vent all the way. I firgure this would get to temperture while I slept. Instead woke up at 8:25 am and noticed that the egg temperture is still at 150 degrees. I have added charcol and tring to finsih it. I am worried about ecoil at this point! Any suggetions??
    ·
  • Signal 99Signal 99 Posts: 59
    Eggcellent! - nice improvement
    ~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Can you add a "Return to Index" at the bottom of the post also? That was we don't have to scroll up. Just a thought.
    ·