Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Fajita Marinade?

Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

I wish to cook up some beef fajitas. Does anyone know of a good marinade for the beef. I have 24 hrs until I cook and I feel bad seeing the meat just sitting in the fridge all by itself... sniff, sniff.....

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Wardster,[p]Hey I was in the big grocery store today and bought some McCormicks Montreal steak marinade. Never tried it but I have used the dried jar stuff and it is good. I actually read about it here on the forum and then went and bought some... The marinade I bought comes in a freeze dried package and you have to add ingredients to mix it up. More to come after I try it!
  • Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Wardster,
    I would use a little olive oil, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.....you could replace the vinegar with beer if you prefer.

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Wardster,
    Italian dressing with a generous twist of black pepper.
    Mesquite would be an authentic smoke to use.
    Fresh tortillas (corn and flour), avacado, refried beans, chopped tomato and onion, fresh green peppers of your choice, sour cream and the best hot sauce you can find.[p]

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    ravnhaus,
    Thanks, I did not even think about a heavy dose of mesquite. I used lime juice, cumin, garlic, a minced jalepeno, some onion and some olive oil. I may take Gloria's advice and add some red wine vinegar. Even though mesquite is a powerful smoking chip, I'm going to use a lot....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Fresh lime juice, tequlia, olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper. Use skirt steak if you can find it, flank steak if you can't.

• BluesnBBQ,
    Hey Blues, skirt steak is the best to use, but hard to find, (well not out here) and when you do its pretty high alot of times.. So if your really in the mood for fajitas, I saw a guy do this and tried it and it works great.. Take a beef fillet minion steak, and stand it on its side and with a sharp knife, cut it on the bottom so as you are slicing and unrolling it the same time.. When you are done it will be one long strip like a skirt..[p]Instead of butterflying my last pork loin open, I did it this way also. it is a perfectly flat lying piece of meat when your done, and so much easier to stuff and roll this way.. I had my loin just a bit frozen which made my slicing much easier..[p]Dylan