Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My firebox wobbles in my new egg

Options
Tuck
Tuck Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is the firebox supposed to be a little wobbly? It doesn't sit flush and doesn't feel stable inside. Is that normal?

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    This is absolutley normal.I have three eggs and they all wobble a bit.Don't worry about it.Just enjoy the great food. :woohoo:
  • Tuck
    Tuck Posts: 54
    Options
    I got it put together yesterday. I'm about to do my first cook tonight :) I just wanted to make sure it was normal before I cooked on it.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Not a problem,just remember to keep the temps below 400 or so for the first few cooks.Don't hesitate to ask any ???s.There is always someone here to answer.Enjoy your new egg. :woohoo:
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    You didnt say what size or I missed it..but be sure to check the firebox alignment through your bottom vent and make sure the opening isnt blocked any...congrats on the new egg and enjoy! :P :woohoo:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I've always been able to correct this problem by jiggling and, otherwise, fiddling around with the firebox until it seats properly. I don't know that I'd call this normal-it's supposed to sit flush and not rock and roll :cheer:
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Why not take the firebox out and set it on a surface you know to be flat, probably a counter or table? If it sits flat, check the bottom of your Egg with a small straightedge like a metal ruler. Then you'll know which one, or both, are out of whack. If it's significant, talk to your dealer.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Tuck,

My SBGE firebox has a bit of a wobble to it, but not the LBGE. It cooks like a champ, too! Welcome to the EggNation, too!