Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AZRP: More "The Chicken" Questions

Options
Matt
Matt Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
AZRP --

Looks like several of us will be making "The Chicken" today while watching basketball. I've got a couple of other questions I'm hoping you can help with.

1. In your picture of sauce ingredients, you show Worcestershire sauce, but it's not listed in your recipe. Do you use it? How much?

2. Also referring to your picture of sauce ingredients, it looks like you might be just making half of a batch (I think you have 1 cup of vinegar measured out, not 1 pint). Is this the case? Seems like a full recipe would be an awful lot of sauce for just a few pieces of chicken -- or am I missing something?

3. Lastly, you're using powdered garlic. All I have is granulated. Do you have a sense for the equivalency between the two?

Thanks a bunch!

Matt

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    1. My bad, 2 Tbs.

2. That's a 2 cup measuring cup or 1 pint. I have made half batches before. You need enough to dip the pieces and you won't use it all.

3. I've used both, powdered gives a little more flavor so I'd up the amount a little with granulated. Let me know your results. -RP
  • Matt
    Matt Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks a ton, AZRP -- obviously, my sense of scale is off since I thought that was a 1-cup measure. I'll let you know how it shakes out.