Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast

Options
Rayddd
Rayddd Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am doing a turkey breast on my medium later this afternoon- any suggestions- indirect, direct, temp, time etc...
Thanks,
Rayddd

Comments

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    Rayddd,
    Cooked mine at 325 degrees for 20 minutes per pound. Use whatever rub you like but add olive oil after you do the dry rub so that the skin will crisp up nicely. I stuck a disposable sensor in it at the last just to be sure. Cooked it on a rack over a drip pan.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Rayddd, I do mine indirect - on a rack in a foil covered pan - at about 350 looking for a breast temp of about 170. Usually takes about 1 1/2 hours +/- 15 minutes. I spray with a little olive oil before cooking to get better browning. If you have not tried it, try brining although just a nice rub is wonderful.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Rayddd,[p]Yes, like the others have said, indirect over a drip pan. I did the last bunch at 325 and used a Polder thermometer to tell me when they were done. I think I did them to 175. Pick the temp you feel is appropriate. I sprinkle Montreal Steak seasoning on them with some oil. Yumm. I was the hit at the Appalachian St. Univ. Student Ambassador Parent's Weekend last year. My daughter even asked me to do 2 more breasts to take back to college for her friends who complained that they didn't get any at the Parent's Weekend dinner. (I'll bet you are glad I told you all that, aren't you?)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Rayddd
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful/timely advice ![p]Rayddd

• Rayddd
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I did the turkey breast as you suggested with the oil and Montreal Steak seasoning. You were so right - It was fabulous!!! I have added that to my list of great things from the Egg.[p]Thanks again,[p]Rayddd[p]