Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas EGGFest Update

Options
Jeeves
Jeeves Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Confirmed for May 10th[p]Location - confirmed, hint, about 10 miles north off of 620[p]Hotels: Same list as last year because it's roughly the same area.[p]Details - Grillmeister is finalizing[p]Major efforts being made for NEWBIE eggers/wanna be's, etc...

Comments

• Jeeves
    Options
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks for the update. But there's nothing on the Texas Eggfest site yet.

I'll start making my plans.

Spring "We Finally Have A Plan" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Jeeves
    Options
    Well, actually, at least it's been updated to
    "Stay Tuned for Texas Eggfest 2008 Information"

which is better than not being updated and leaving everyone up in the air..

-Jeeves
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Haaaaaa... That was there BEFORE your announcement. Ed said he would update it when he had a chance.

Spring "Updated And Approved" Chicken
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    I'll put the date on my calendar. It will sure be nice to meet Jeeves and Spring Chicken finally, as well as all other fellow Texas eggers. I don't know if I'll be cooking, because I'm thinking my time will be better spent learning from others.

Of course, I know Spring Chicken is hoping to win the Texas Lottery before then so he can arrive in his chauffeur-driven limousine. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Regards to all Texans and others who plan to attend.

Bevo (Colin)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I heard the Oasis was one of the possible places. Anyhow, glad to hear that they've finally got a time/place nailed down. I'll be cooking some goodies for everyone in attendance...hope to see you there soon!

Save me one of those XLs...
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Yea, that would be cool to arrive in a chauffeur-driven limo but that kind of flash isn't my style. I'll be in my trusty Red Avalanche and driving it myself.

It's always fun to cook at an Eggfest but in doing so you get less time to go around meeting folks and tasting their cooking. The key is to time it so you can do both.

You're welcome to come sit a spell with us and branch out from there. You'll get the hang of it pretty fast.

Also, if GrillMeister is involved again he might add Texas Eggfest University to the agenda. That's a great way to learn how to cook on the Egg. Just drag up a chair and watch, listen and sample.

We'll be looking for you.

Spring "Getting My Cooking Shoes Ready" Chicken
  • Jeeves
    Options
    Eh, I still have a something with your name on it.. ;)
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Jeeves,

You've got mail.

Thanks,
    Bevo (Colin)