Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

plate setter

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just broke one of the feet of my plate setter. Is there a way to repair, a glue or something, or do I just have to buy a new one? What does one cost for a med. egg?

Comments

• I did the same thing...used J-B Weld to repair...has worked fine for 4+ years... There are other similar products that have worked well also...just make sure you are dealing w/ something that will go the temp limit....good luck
  • Bob In Texas
    Options
    TC,
    Before buying a replacement, try using JB Weld. Some people on here have been successful using it to fix plate sitters, fire rings, and even the dome top.

• BamaBackdraft
    Options
    My daughter shipped me a platesetter because I got tired of waiting for the local dealer. Arrived with two broken legs. JB Weld and clampped togeather for 24 hrs. So far no problems and have taken it to 450 temp. :whistle:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    J B Weld works great. Just like this

platesetter.jpg

100_1600.jpg

Hope this helps
    Pat
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    TC,
    You have more replys on the new forum

• OzarkQ
    OzarkQ Posts: 150
    Options
    Careful with the temps - from the JB Weld site:

Properties (psi)
    Tensile Strength: 3960
    Adhesion: 1800
    Flex Strength: 7320
    Tensile Lap Shear: 1040
    Shrinkage: 0.0%
    Resistant to: 500° F

Mechanics -- you can use J-B WELD with confidence. It is designed for safe, reliable, permanent repairs in engine compartments and heated environments up to 500° F. It's strong as steel and impervious to water, gasoline, chemicals, and acids. Working with J-B WELD is quick, easy, and convenient -- and saves you time, work, and money!

Not recommended for use on manifolds, exhaust systems, and other engine components which normally operate at temperatures above 500° F.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thanks & yes I saw that. Did the first repair with Gorilla glue and fell off first time. Since have done 5 or 6 Pizza cooks at 550 to 600 and no problems yet. So far so good but best bet is to replace This is a spare so tried the JB & it's working great.

Pat