Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brick BGE enclosure... pictures

Options
Boccie
Boccie Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, talked with a few folks at the eggfest about tables, and I said I built a brick area. Its not complete, but I said I would post some pics anyway. So.... here they are. -Boccie[p]
[ul][li]Brick Grill Area[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Boccie,
    Wow! You said you didn't like working in the yard, but you obviously have some other major outdoor working talents! Great idea to use brick for the main material. Your pics are giving me ideas about the new area I hope to build soon! Wanna come out to Fairfax and lay some brick! heheee.[p]Great meeting you two this weekend.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Boccie,[p]Looks great! What's planned for the left side of the enclosure?[p]Smokey

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Smokey,
    Thanks! The left side will have a couple of shelves for storage, and a wooden door. Hopefully that will get done pretty soon, so I can get all the eggcessories off of my desk.

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    Boccie,
    awesome
    for a roof add an umbrella
    no wait.. move the house and build a gazeebo
    [/b]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Boccie,
    Thanks for sharing your photos. I have been wanting to see how much clearance is needed for the spring hinges. You did a nice job. I have a feeling more than a few Eggheads will get some ideas from your design. Anything to make Egging more enjoyable.[p]Spring Chicken

• Boccie
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]heh heh, I would LOVE to come up and lay those bricks... except I didnt lay them LOL ! I come from a long line of masons, and the line stopped with me... I couldnt lay a brick at all! My dad was kind enough to help his loving son out (thanks dad!) I did design it though...does that count? LOL[p]lata![p]-Boccie
  • Boccie
    Options
    jwitheld,[p]I thought about moving the house over... but my wife said she would have to walk too far to the BGE then. LOL[p]Aw well... maybe the umbrella then! :-)[p]-Boccie
  • Boccie
    Options
    hingedrop.jpg
    <p />Spring Chicken,[p]Well, thats what I get for relying on my memory.. the hinge actually drops 1 1/2", not 2"... just a correction there, srry 'bout that.[p]-Boccie
  • Rick
    Rick Posts: 45
    Options
    Boccie,[p]Nice job, very creative![p]R/Rick

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Boccie,
    From the looks of things I would have to make some major changes to my BBQ Center to accommodate that much hinge-travel. I guess I'll just have to stay with the lock'n load hinge setup that came on my Egg. Or (idea) maybe I could notch the back of the table to fit the hinge. I will take a look at it tomorrow and see if that's possible. Your photos will surely help. Thanks.[p]Spring Chicken

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    The easiest solution I found was just to double up on the the stones or bricks you have underneath the egg..kinda raise the egg up out of the table more...HTH[p]
    Wess