Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket knife

BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a post with a picture of a brisket knife. It looked like a hack saw. I can't find the web site to order it. Does anyone know the web site? What does everyone use to slice brisket? Thanks, Tom
·

Comments

• I use an electric knife, works like a charm
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    EagerEgger posted that last year...I believe it's made by a company close to the Austin area, either in Kyle or Buda, TX. You're referring to the one with a wooden handle, right?
    ·
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Yep,that's the one. Any chance you know the web site? Thanks, Tom
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,281
    brisketknives002.jpg

I use the forschner #40646 for sliced and the typical "leave it to beaver" cleaver for chopped. R
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Baja Tom,

Try this site.

http://www.texastastes.com/p1634.htm
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    ·
  • JeffHughesJeffHughes Posts: 100
    That is what most comp cooks use, works great...
    ·
  • JeffHughesJeffHughes Posts: 100
    Those are for cutting meat?
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    I normally use this knife for briskets and any major roasts................its a "jamón serrano" knife, used in Spain for cutting the "serrano ham" from acorn fed pigs....probably you could find it in a spanish delicatessen shop.

This is the knife, long, thin, sharp. light & easy to use....used spoon as reference for size
    Cuchillo.jpg
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    My bad...they were from Georgetown, just north of Austin.

Texas Brisket Knives
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,348
    One o' them should make a nice, clean cut!~ 8 - )
    ·
  • I am a bit of a knife snob. I like a long japanese steel ultra thin precision knife. You need to check out some of the knife forums to see what your options are.
    ·