Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Explanation of an EGGER from a newbie

Options
FlaPoolman
FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought my first egg in 02 and found the forum about 05-06. Lurked and learned alot of tips from all those ready to help. registered at the end of 07 because of the way the regulars treated the newbies like me. Going to my first fest thinking that yea-right -nice when they are at home posting but what about in person?? Well this is to let ALL know that they are real people and exceed the politeness that we all see in the forum. All the EGGERS that I had the pleasure of meeting this weekend ( yea you to CW-Pete :laugh: ) are some of the highest quality people I've ever met. Does this have to do with the EGG???? I can't answer that but I can say that they are even better than they appear when they answer our questions. Thanks to all in the forum & hope to meet most at sometime.

Just my opinion but proved it this weekend

Pat

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly. Our friends came over from Orlando. Prior to yesterday they had never seen an Egg. After a few hours at the Fla EggFest they asked my wife and I how long had we known all of these people? I said I might them all yesterday or today. They were amazed...the commented all day how nice the people were, how helpful everyone was and how great the food was...believe me when I tell you they will be Eggers by the time the Fla fest comes around next year... :laugh:

Tonia and the group put on a fun FEST.........

I can't wait until next year...

Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Ditto they said it all for us.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Geesh can't a guy keep a secret.. Now every will know I ain't a meanie
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    I told everyone looking for me to serve them "You family now help yourself" :woohoo:

Too all the New Eggers

WELCOME
  • Katodude00
    Options
    and you broke the mold and made some fish. I think the only non meat of the whole festival...
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    I'd like to say that was true, but Randy did shrimp, stuffed fritos (who would have thunk it), stuffed mushrooms. Egret did bread. I did cornbread, Irish Soda Bread. I remember tastin' so mighty good cracklin' corn bread. Somebody else made me eat a really good stuffed mushroom.

You just need to get out more :laugh: