Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

PING TNW

EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited 12:27AM in EggHead Forum
hey whiz...love your website..and have spent quite a bit of time reviewing your lump database..have a question..one of my local BGE dealers dropped BGE lump, said it was getting too high..he now has a brand called 'smoke n fire'. He says it is made from same lump as BGE. I have my doubts. I did check the bag and at least it said 'made in USA'..which so many of them nowadays are not..any knowledge or experience with this lump?..any info would be greatly appreciated... ;)

Comments

• Angie2BAngie2B Posts: 543
    Hey Mr. Whiz, It has been a while since I was on your site. Was there earlier today. I actually read all those reviews on the front page...I have to say the last one made me laugh out loud! Still enjoying your site after six years!
  • Hey Eggtucky,

A Smoke n Fire store in St. Louis sells this as well. I think it is a private label that comes from southern Missouri, possibly Steelville (Struemph's maybe?). I've burned a couple of bags it's ok for both lo and slo and higher temps (550F), but it seems to burn a little faster than BGE.

TNW would love to see a review, is there anything I could do to assist you in acquiring a sample?

David