Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING TNW

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hey whiz...love your website..and have spent quite a bit of time reviewing your lump database..have a question..one of my local BGE dealers dropped BGE lump, said it was getting too high..he now has a brand called 'smoke n fire'. He says it is made from same lump as BGE. I have my doubts. I did check the bag and at least it said 'made in USA'..which so many of them nowadays are not..any knowledge or experience with this lump?..any info would be greatly appreciated... ;)

Comments

• Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Hey Mr. Whiz, It has been a while since I was on your site. Was there earlier today. I actually read all those reviews on the front page...I have to say the last one made me laugh out loud! Still enjoying your site after six years!
  • Nosnow2ski
    Options
    Hey Eggtucky,

A Smoke n Fire store in St. Louis sells this as well. I think it is a private label that comes from southern Missouri, possibly Steelville (Struemph's maybe?). I've burned a couple of bags it's ok for both lo and slo and higher temps (550F), but it seems to burn a little faster than BGE.

TNW would love to see a review, is there anything I could do to assist you in acquiring a sample?

David