Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dontcha Just Hate It?

Options
Gloria
Gloria Posts: 161
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dontcha just hate it when it seems like everyone but you is at EggFest? It is a rainy day in Georgia and I am wishing that I was where all the fun is going on! Makes for slow time on the Forum too. Ah, well, I'm gonna cook a leg o' lamb on the BGE tonite.....got it marinating in olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, garlic, celery salt, and cumin. Going to take it to a de Mayo party tomorrow. I plan to try a meatloaf on the Egg this week; my family just hooted when I said that I was going to do that, but what do they know?

Comments

• Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Options
    Gloria,
    Thank you for sharing-same feeling.Haven't tried Lamb as yet please post an update.

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Options
    Gloria,
    Earlier this week I did a meatloaf on the Egg for the first time. I tried the Mexican Meatloaf in the recipe section and it was terrific. I'm anxious to try some other meatloaf recipes now. I doubled the recipe and made some extra loaves which are now tucked away in the freezer. [p]Sorry for your rain - up here in Maine it looks like spring may finally be here - still some snow deep in the woods, but it's starting to green up![p]Janet[p][p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Gloria,
    I know the feeling. I am locked up here at work (one of those damn "dot coms" that didn't go bust). I would much rather be out in your rain cooking than be here...[p]Let us know how the lamb comes out, it sounds like it will be great.[p]Matt.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gloria,[p]There are a few folks there - I just got back home before I got too much rain. I rode my two wheeler and it was just starting to rain as I got home. They have not rain up there in Waldorf so the Eggfest won't get rained on. It was a nice
    64° there when I left at 1pm. [p]I had some of Earl's quail, KennyG's Chili, Jobu's peppers/sausage (yummy), and pork tenderloin, and YB's chicken stuffed with shrimp. Others will have pictures since I saw a lot of digital cameras. [p]Tim
    [/b]
  • Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Options
    Gloria,
    I'm cooking up a big batch of Tortilla Soup for Cinco De Mayo. No BGE cooking this weekend.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Gloria,
    My son and I love meatloaf on the Egg! One of the best.
    Haven't given much thought to not being at the Eggfest.
    Made a little pizza for lunch. Came out great!
    Have pork tenderloins marinating for dinner. So, while not there, I think my Egg is treating my tummy and taste buds very well!

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    Shelby, Do you cook your meatloaf in a pan? I bought some of those throwaway loaf pans (foil) and thought I would cook it in one of them.

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Gloria, I cook my meat loaf in a pan for the first 15 min just to firm it up and then remove and finish cooking on the grate (out of the pan) to get the smoke flavor all the way around and into the loaf.....wonderful!!![p]Marv

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Tim M,
    I must have just missed you, Tim! We pulled in just after noon. I had the last piece of YB's shrimp-stuffed chicken.
    See you in October?
    bd

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]Gees, how did I miss you Brad?? I left at 1pm because I was worried about it raining 80 mi south at my home -- which it did start to do about 5 mi from home. Did you see the guy on the motorcycle leave? Sorry I missed that nan bread this year. My wife is still trying to make that.[p]Tim
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Tim M,
    I don't recall seeing a motorcycle, but I wasn't really looking either. I arrived with the whole Davidson brood in a white Expedition at around 12:45-1:00...probably passed you on the way in! Are you planning to be at Eggtoberfest?
    bd