Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any ideas for wowing them with fish??

Options
2»

Comments

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Arctic Char is one of the tastiest fish you'll find, but it's only available a few months out of the year and this is the time to get it. Very light and delicate, it cooks very quickly so it's difficult to grill without a well oiled fish grid. I prefer to bake it or plank it, but not on cedar. Use alder, cherry, or maple instead.
    Extremely versatile fish, I like to lightly season with olive oil, salt and pepper, a light coat of Scrumbs (seasoned bread crumb mix), bake indirect in a pan lined with parchment paper at 400 for about 8-10 minutes, then top with a warm chutney or port wine/ citrus reduction. I've done filets marinated in ginger teriyaki, and also fra diavolo, all delicious.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    excellent. thank you!

...and good to see you are back.

stike
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    didn't see your post, sorry...

thanks for the suggestion. i just got word that one of the guests doesn't like "fishy" fish. hmmm dunno what that means. maybe she doesn't like things that taste like what they are

cioppino is definitely something i wanna do but haven't yet.

have you tried paella? my good. mind-blowing... i imagine ciopinno on the egg would be similarly great
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante