Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

charcoal

Options
db
db Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried "Wicked Good" Weekend Warrior charcoal?

Comments

• Minneggsotan
    Options
    Tried my first bag last week and just bought 4 more today. Didn't have a chance to do a low and slow with the last bag. That's my project for the weekend.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    db,[p]You are getting answers on the new forum; however, not only have I tried it I retail it.[p]Not many better.

• db
    db Posts: 103
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    is it worth the cost of shipping? Where are you from? Can I buy it from you?

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    db,[p] Check Wicked Good's web site. They may have a retailer close to you; however, I am in North Carolina[p] IMHO Opinion it is worth the cost.
  • Minneggsotan
    Options
    db,

The place I got mine just started carrying it. If you're close to Minnesota, I'll point you to them.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    db,[p]Great stuff.
    Sellers in your area:[p]R BUTTS R SMOKIN BAR-B-Q
    Lee's Summit, MO 64081
    http://home.earthlink.net/~wickedgoodcharcoal.com/
    To Order Please Contact:
    ** Randy Robinett ~ (816) 564-5021
    randy_robinett12@yahoo.com
    ** Gene Wolken ~ (816) 590-3578
    gwolken@earthlink.net[p]
    THE KANSAS CITY BBQ STORE
    11946 South Strang Line Road
    Olathe, KS 66062
    (913) 782-5171
    http://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com
    We are located right next to our restaurant
    'Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue'
    www.oklahomajoesbbq.com

[ul][li]Wicked Good[/ul]
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    I've been a fan of Wicked Good for years! I have a shed loft filled with WC Competition Blend which I use for special occasions (the last of WGCB around)while I use Weekend Warrior all the time. Would rather have the CB but I've found WW is easier to light and will do every bit as good a job on a l-o-n-g cook as anything out there. Once you've tried it you'll never go back to that 'other stuff'.
  • It's good lump. There are some BIG pieces in the bags.I bought a full pallet and had it shipped . The shipping costs spread over so many bags didn't add much to the total price per bag.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    its one of my favorite top three. wicked good, ozark oak, and maple leaf. wicked good is very mild, you need to add smoking woods with it as you almost get no charcoal flavor at all. too bad we cant get maple leaf anymore as i think thats the best smelling lump out there.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sundown
    Options
    I haven't seen Maple Leaf around for several years. Where are you getting it?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    cant get it, and i havent seen the ozark for a while either. was nice when wicked good would sell split pallets of comp blend and ozark for a regular pallet price. just thinking how much lump ive burned over the last 7 or 8 years or so, pretty scary, wasnt the egg supposed to burn less than i was before, never thought i would have lit it so many more times a year then the old kettle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sundown
    Options
    Think about how many times you cooked in the winter with the ol' kettle. Think about how much of you life revolves around the Egg. Did any of your old life revolve around the kettle? I think not. You have seen the light and your are now a believer. Egg on my son, for you have reached one of the apexes of your life and you will never look back.

PS Aren't you happy to know that the King and Queen at Wicked Good are able to live in the extravagant style they do because of us?
  • db
    db Posts: 37
    Options
    No. I'll have to give it a try Rick!!!!!!
    (The real "db")
  • BigChar
    BigChar Posts: 113
    Options
    Ozark is really good stuff. Luckily it is made in Yellville AR, abouot two hours from me so we can still find it in this area - even at my local grocery. Just FYI - it is still out there. Have not tried the WW yet - but have heard good things. Next on my list.
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    "wasnt the egg supposed to burn less than i was before,"

That thought might actually be a good selling line for BGE . . . think about it . . . instead of "you'll only burn a handful" or whatever that nonsense is, they could say that "you'll burn more charcoal than you ever did before after you try an Egg because you'll love the results and use it more than you ever did your Weber/gasser/whatever!"

Any good PR person could turn that thought into a great slogan.